The PhD Forum is a great opportunity for PhD students to present their thesis work to a broad audience in the system design and design automation community from both industry and academia. The PhD Forum may also help students to establish contacts for entering the job market. On the other side, representatives from industry and academia get a glance of state-of-the-art in system design and design automation.
Who can present their work at the PhD forum?
Students who have finished their PhD thesis within the last 12 months or students who are close to finish to their thesis work
Benefits in a nutshell:
- a poster presentation in A0 format at the DATE PhD Forum
- contacts to professionals from industry and academia
- a (free) Dinner reception
- possibility to distribute flyers summarizing their PhD work
- possibility to apply for EDAA travel grants once the PhD thesis is accepted for presentation at the PhD Forum
How to submit:
- a 1-page extended abstract describing the novelties and advantages of the thesis work of not more than 800 words (PDF or Word). The abstract should include name and affiliation. Figures may be included as far as the 1-page limit is not exceeded. These are all constraints for the format. No template will be provided
- either a University-approved thesis proposal or one published paper (PDF or Word) needs to be send along with the 1-page extended abstract
- full contact address, with affiliation, phone, fax needs to be provided in the email
- Submission deadline: Nov 1st 2006
- Notification of acceptance: Dec. 18th 2006
- Presentation at DATE: Apr. 16th 2007